Thursday, July 14, 2011

Blog Update

For those of you who have just discovered my blog I'd like to take the time to welcome you and explain what I do. My occupation is teddy bear artist. And yes, that is a real occupation! There is a whole world of artist teddy bears out there to be discovered. I encourage you to take a look at the other bear blogs I have listed so you can see the many different styles of artist teddy bears.

I make miniature mohair bears, exclusively. These tiny ones are typically less than 4 inches tall. Each bear is lovingly created with Old World components such as genuine German mohair, wool felt paw pads, cotterpin joints, perle cotton, glass eyes, excelsior and steel shot (for weight). My bears typically wear silk satin bows or rusty jingle bells. Each bear I make is one of a kind. No two are ever alike. I usually make traditional style bears because I love the look of the old Steiff bears of the early 1900s.

All of my bears are sold in auction format through eBay. I don't do commissions. I typically have at least 3 auctions going at the same time. It's real easy to find my bears. Just plug in Burlison Bears in the search engine on eBay and it will bring you right to them.

Thanks for looking...and bear hugs to all!

Hayley Eliza Burlison

No comments:

Post a Comment